Chobani Pty Ltd (ACN 096 731 467) and its related bodies corporate are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We will only collect and deal with your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and in particular, the Australian Privacy Principles.
Types of personal information we collect
We do not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities and only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We will collect personal information necessary to market and deliver our products, which may include the following:
- Personal contact information – for example, your name and contact details such as your emailing and home addresses
- Demographic information – any information that describes your demographic characteristics or your personality, values, attitudes, interests, and lifestyles such as your date of birth, gender, geographic location, favourite products, hobbies and interests and household or lifestyle information;
- Account login information – including any username or passwords allocated by us or used by you to access our products; *Payment information – if you are a customer that is responsible for payments to us regarding our products, we may hold payment related information (including direct debit or credit card details);
- Website usage information – for example we may hold information regarding your access to our website applications. This may include how you navigate whilst online our websites (i.e. date and time of your visit);
- Consumer-generated information – for example, information that you enter and submit to us or third parties during your use of our products, either through our online website, hardcopy forms or through social media sites such as Facebook;
- Social network platforms –information that you share as part of your profile on a social media website;
- Technical computer information – any information about a computer system or other technological devices that you may be using to access one of our websites or applications; and
- Government issued identifiers, such as Tax File Numbers and Australian Business Numbers (which are only used in accordance with the Privacy Act).
How we collect personal information
Generally we will collect this information directly from you but in some cases it will be collected through other forms, including the following:
- Chobani websites – this may include any Chobani websites or consumer-directed websites that we run on third party social network sites such as Facebook;
- Social networking sites – personal information may be collected when you interact with social networking features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like” when these features are integrated in our sites or applications;
- Hardcopy forms – any sign up, promotional, marketing or other general forms that you may fill in from time to time;
- Consumer Services call centre – personal information may be collected via our call centre, for example, where you have provided us with feedback or called regarding a query; and
- Data from third parties – although Chobani generally only collects personal information from you directly, we may be provided with information from third parties. For example, third parties who we engage to run promotional activities, third parties who we may acquire and information we may require when we consider business customer credit applications
Use and disclosure of personal information
Chobani may collect and use your personal information for some or all of the following purposes (not all of which will be relevant for every individual):
- Marketing our products to you through emails, newsletters, promotions etc where you have opted-in to receive marketing updates. We may use your personal information in this regard in the following ways:
- General marketing communications – to send you communications by post, text message or email;
- Targeted advertising – this may include where we match information you have provided with similar information on third party sites (data-matching); and
- Promotions/competitions – we may collect your information for promotions, prizes and giveaways and the collection of this information will ensure your eligibility for these marketing activities. In some circumstances, we may share limited information about the winners of any given promotion i.e. your name and state of residence;
- Managing your account(s) with us –to maintain your account(s) with us, including maintaining any loyalty rewards that you may be entitled to;
- Monitoring, developing and improving our products and services – to improve our products, tailor them to your needs, come up with new product ideas and inform you of any changes to our products;
- Order fulfilment – this may include using your details to keep you informed of shipping details and the general status of any orders you have placed with us;
- Consumer engagement –to get you more actively involved and engaged with our products thereby increasing overall brand engagement and awareness; this mostly involves the collection, use and publication of consumer-generated content;
- Consumer/customer service –to provide you with customer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products;
- Website improvement and personalisation – to improve and personalise your experience on our websites and applications;
- Website community features – to give you access to website community features including features that may allow you to upload and share recipes, pictures, videos or other messages or content; and
- Other general purposes – for other general business purposes such as to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of our websites and applications and to conduct internal marketing and demographic studies and to contact you for consumer research.
We may disclose personal information to third party suppliers that we use in the course of providing our products and services, our related bodies corporate and our advisors. We may also disclose personal information to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party to whom we disclose personal information are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. Please note that third parties may also collect personal information directly from you.
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate if it is necessary for one of the purposes for which the information has been disclosed to us. For example, if you send us an application for employment we may send it to an overseas body corporate in order for them to consider whether they may be in a position to offer you employment. If we disclose your personal information to an organisation in a country other than Australia, we will take all reasonable steps to oversee that protection of your personal information is not diminished. Apart from this, your personal information is never shared, sold, rented or otherwise disclosed except if required by law or with your consent. At any time you may opt-out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business e.g. regarding payment of accounts). See below for our contact details.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You should inform us promptly if there are any changes to any of your personal information. We will take reasonable steps to:
- protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed under this policy (unless we are required by law to keep it).
Access, accuracy and correction
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. If your personal information changes, if you have a concern about how we are handling your personal information or if you no longer require our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. You may also request us to amend your personal information where you believe it is out-dated.
Where it is practical and legal to do so, we will generally provide you with the ability to interact with us anonymously.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Privacy Act.
Each time you visit our web site(s) our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address. Chobani may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our web site(s) are used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our web site performance.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our web site(s). The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer. A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our web site(s) and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on our web site(s). With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
Links to other sites
Websites operated by us may contain links to other sites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties as to the privacy practices of any third-party site and are not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites. We advise that you check the privacy policies on those sites.
Future changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time and will notify you by posting an updated version of this policy on this website. This document represents our policy as at April 2014.
Contacting us, complaints and further information
Telephone: 1800 468 777
By mail: Privacy Officer, Chobani Pty Ltd, 453 – 455 Hammond Road, Dandenong South, Victoria 3175, Australia